6/05/2013

Food Review: Qing Hua Dumpling (Montreal)


Late night dinner in Montreal's chinatown.


We found this place on the fly. It was still open around 9pm and so we tried it out. And it didn't hurt to see that they had a wall of "article achievements" to showcase their abilities. ;)


Here's a peek at their menu


We ordered quite a bit, so we definitely had our fill. I'm not a real dumpling fan, but the ones we ordered (2 veggies, 2 pork, 2 Siew Long Bao) weren't half bad. Although there was one batch of dumplings that were undercooked. But the waitress was very apologetic and very kind. 



Pork Dumplings (photo above)

The texture of the dumpling was not too thick but held the filling well. And the filling inside was not slim, but sizable portions. =0)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Siew Long Bao (photo above)

These baos were delicious. And the size of them were pretty big (compared to some I've had in Toronto). The soup was super hot and tasty. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The space and decoration inside is actually very nice. Their walls have a concrete texture and the furniture and lights create a fusion in a modern appeal


 But you can see that they stay true in their original design (see through wall, photo below).


Overall, I liked this place for what it was. Going in on the fly (walk-in) because it was close to our hotel, I think it deserves a high 4/5 stars in my books. I'm sure there are other comparable places to eat, and when I get a chance I may go out and explore the others.


Give it a try! =0)




No comments:

Post a Comment