8/26/2013

Food Review: Mika Japanese Cuisine (Manhattan)

In Chinatown, there's a little upstairs spot, Mika Japanese Cuisine & Bar


Very dim lighting and quiet when we got there around 8pm on a Saturday night.


We ordered a dinner set and from the list, we order the following:

Appetizers: Beef Negimaki. 


This was quite tasty. I've had something like this once, but not with green onions inside. I definitely like this mash up much better than those long string mushrooms.
.
.
.
.
.
v
For our main entrees, we got a regular roll of Passion roll (Yellowtail, cucumber & avocado) and from the specialty roll, we got a Coconut Shrimp roll (Shrimp tempura inside, topped with lobster salad and avocado. The coconut part came in a wasabi coconut sauce).


I thought the fish tasted pretty fresh. I liked that they had very unique tastes (or at least I ordered differently than my usual all salmon diet). 



The service was pretty good. They were always ready to serve us when we needed it. As most sushi places go (comparing to my experiences with Toronto restaurants) it's almost the same price. 


The design and style is like the 90s chinese old style. But it was clean and that made the meal that much more enjoyable.


Reviewed with 3/5 stars










No comments:

Post a Comment