12/06/2012

Food Review: Avenue Open Kitchen


At a nearby diner, I go for my first time to try what my co-workers call "good food" at Avenue Open Kitchen (Richmond St West/Spadina area).



For all the locals around, they provide daily specials. Each day is different. I went on the day they had short ribs. Sounding very tasty and realizing I haven't had a "southern meal" in quite some time, we all head out to grab some food for lunch at Avenue.


With very limited seating at the venue itself, we opted to get take out and bring it back to work. 

All the same order of short ribs.


With a side of mashed potatoes, vegetables and 2 buttered slices of bread, the short ribs made for a very tasty and more-than-enough to fill anyone's stomach.

The short ribs had a very succulent sauce and tenderized ribs with meat that fall-off-the-bone. The vegetables were rather plain with very little taste. And the potatoes were even better after I add the short ribs' drippings over the top. And lastly, the bread was not much to talk about -plain but filling.

Overall, it did the job and if so, it lasted me through dinner as well. 

Take out was quick, food was good.... overall a solid 3.8/5 stars for Avenue Open Kitchen in downtown Toronto. 


No comments:

Post a Comment