4/14/2013

Food Review: Boris Bistro (Montreal)

Old Montreal Restaurant | Boris Bistro


The restaurant is located at 465 McGill Street (Rue McGill) and it is more than just a french restaurant. 

This restaurant, during the warmer seasons, Boris opens up a vast area south of the building to a beautiful and open patio. Unfortunately, it's winter and much too cold to dine outside. I will definitely try to come back in the summer and take lots of photos of the outdoor space.

The interior is also nice, but triangular and limited space. 


Now.... onto the food:


We started off with French Fries in Duck Fat with Boris mayonnaise ($5.00) because I was tipped off (Foursquare app) that an order of these fries was to die for. Now I'm coming back with a review of "NO". Sorry, nothing special and the fries were not very tasty -a bit burnt.


For my entree, I ordered the Pork osso buco ($24.00). It was a pork and cheesy polenta dish. The polenta was very creamy and very very cheesy (+ +) and the pork was very nice and tender. The brussel sprouts were also well coated in a nice seasoning. Overall, this was a very delicious dish.




The menu had a limited list of food offerings, but I was pleased to see that their entree menu had a wide variety. The prices were $$$ range.


Overall, the service was very friendly as well professional and the food was a little above average.

Would I come again? I think I would like to try their lunch menu out on the deck in the spring or summer periods.

Boris Bistro, I'll be back!






No comments:

Post a Comment