10/17/2012

Food Review: Salad King

After the wall had fallen down and Salad King was no more (downtown), I had not gone back to the newly opened Salad King on the west side of Yonge/Gould until a couple weeks ago. 

The new restaurant looks even better -smaller. Not making the whole restaurant cafeteria-like, I like that they split the other half to looking more like a high end restaurant! =0)


This is probably the best dish I've ever had at any Thai restaurant. It's called Pattaya Chicken ($8.25). It's breaded chicken breast with thyme, onions, bell peppers, carrots, in honey and lime chili sauce with steamed rice.


The breaded chicken breast was succulent and crispy with the sweet and lime-y chili sauce.  And with its price, it was way more than enough. But it was so good, I did try my best to finish what I could.

Overall, I found that the new Salad King is much better. Of course, it's not as visible for anyone to find as it's located on the second floor and the front door to Yonge is very narrow and not easy to find if you're just a passerby.

But go... cuz it's 1) good and 2) a lot of food
Price is $8-15
Service: They move rather quickly, but since my 2 times there, I have no complaints
Atmosphere: If you are seated in the cafeteria area, then it's suuuuper loud and horrible for any quality conversation. However, I have yet to be seated in the "booths" area, so I'm sure it's way quieter there.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/25/2012

    Interesting, I've never seen this dish done at any other restaurant before. I find it such a struggle to go to Salad King and -not- order my favourite Chicken Green Curry. Looks like I may have to make an exception. I also struggle when breaded/crispy foods are covered in sauces -- doesn't that defeat the purpose of breading/crisping it in the first place?
    Have you had thai at SukhoThai yet? Same owners as Khao San Road, but a lot more savoury and spicy flavours (as opposed to KSRoad's sweetness)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have not tried Khao San and I work right by there!!! I will definitely go check out Sukho Thai in the near future. Thanks for the tidbit!
    It's weird, breaded/crispy meat + sauce shouldn't mix, but for some reason this dish is made perfectly. You must try it. I'm not a big spicy fan, so this is pretty mild!

    ReplyDelete