10/03/2013

Dessert Review: For The Love Of Cake

In the heart of Liberty Village, inside the 171 building hide an assortment of fun boutiques.



I went on a quiet Saturday morning and enjoyed little traffic getting here. I was on a mission to find "For The Love Of Cake" store to try out some cupcakes.


The store is divided into 2 rooms. When you enter, you enter into the cashier and 


Fluffy toppings mounted high towards the sky


They had many flavors to choose from. But like I always do, I asked what are their most popular flavors.

She started with the top seller:
1) Guinness Cupcake with a whiskey ganache filling
2) Maple Bacon Cupcake with plumps of blueberries inside
3) Hazelnut Chocolate Cupcake
4) Salted Caramel Cupcake

And..... so I just chose those 4 to try.


I was dying to taste them right then and there, but I had to wait. When I got home, my mom and I took out all the cupcakes, placed it on a plate, sliced it up in halves and had a go at it. This is one of favorite to do... taste testing.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
v

I tried the Guinness Cupcake first. It was very light, not very sweet but the cream cheese frosting was very nice (photo below). It was very easy to slice -no fuss.


Next, I tried the Salted Caramel Cupcake. This was to-die-for. The drizzle of caramel was sweet complementing the chocolate cream topping and the chocolate-y cupcake below. The only thing was the cupcake was not dense at all, a little too fluffy for my taste. But still, I loved all the flavors combined.


My least favorite of the four was the Maple bacon. No other taste of bacon other than from the piece on top, and the blueberries inside was okay. This cupcake was the total opposite density compared to the Salted Caramel Cupcake. Much too dense. Overall, 1/4.


Last but not least, our crazy chocolate-ly Hazelnut Cucpake. This was very good, maybe because of all the chocolate from the toppings (Ferraro-like chocolate) plus the cupcake flavor and a thick chocolate ganache filling. 


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
v


Overall, haven't been to too many cupcake stores, this was not bad.  The presentation on some of the cupcakes weren't as professionally looking, but the atmosphere was very lovely. The customer service, I can't say too much as I went in and out pretty quickly. 

3 cupcake ........ $10.00








No comments:

Post a Comment