10/09/2013

Food Review: Kenzo Japanese Noodle House

What's your first thought about this restaurant? 

Kenzo. Franchise. Well, I'm here to tell you, not this location. Opened 5 years ago, this original Kenzo is privately owned apart from the Kenzo franchise chain. 

Kenzo Japanese Noodle House is located one street south of Steeles on Yonge Street @ 6180 Yonge St.


Interior of Kenzo



They have many wall displays to feature their regular and specials. I love it when I'm able to see see what the food looks like. I order more with my eyes than with the descriptive words because you never know what you're reading/getting. =0)

We ordered a bundle of fun foods

Tonkotsu Ramen (Pork bone soup)


I loved loved loved the soup, it was not too salty and very creamy! The egg was just raw enough for me to enjoy it's gooey form and the fresh noodles (made by the owner himself) was perfect -al dente. But the most impressive thing about this ramen was the delicious bamboo. The slices of bamboo (between the egg and the fish) was tender, meaty and very edible to eat!

 Japanese Omelette 

This was a very tasty omelette. I've never had it in this way, but it was quite delicious (and super filling). Inside it's filled with the freshly made ramen noodles. They don't skimp out at all! Loved it!

Gyoza (Japanese dumplings)

Something I always enjoy about Japanese restaurants are their presentation. And Kenzo doesn't not disappoint!


Overall, I must say, the friendly staff, the quick service and the taste of the food all adds up "great" in my book!

4.5/5 stars

So if you're having a hankering for some GOOD tasting ramen, go to Kenzo at 6180 Yonge Street (one street south of Steeles on Yonge Street). 

*There's free parking in the front.

Sooooooooooooo good!









No comments:

Post a Comment