11/19/2013

Food Review: La Société Bistro

When it comes to french food, I am all about the indulgence. The cheese, the creamy sauces, the steak frites and so on. It's always such a pleasure-filled experience!
.
.
.
.
.
And now Toronto gets one of Montreals' own, La Société, in Yorkville.


Out for dinner, I indulge my taste buds with a warming appetizer of Classic Onion Soup ($13) with a thick layer of  Gruyere cheese on top.


I must admit this is one of the better French Onion soups' I've tasted. It was packed with lots of thinly cut onion and bread. But of course, I didn't want to fill up on that, so I gave in for only the Gruyere cheese. Very very good soup!

.
.
.
.
.
.
v
For my main, I felt the need to try this ever since I watched White Chicks, when actress Jaime King tries to make a snobby joke about a Nicoise Salad.  Tonight, I finally got my Tuna Nicoise.


The presentation was a show stopper. Beautifully made and oh-so colourful. 

Tuna Nicoise Salad ($28) had fresh beans, potatoes (regular and blue), assorted cherry tomatoes, olives and lemon vinaigrette.


The most magical combination in this dish was the small but intense anchovies and hard boiled egg. It was a mouth full of tasty textures.


My only negatives to the salad:
I would have liked the beans a little softer. It was a bit too stiff for my liking. Lastly, the tuna was seasoned very well (not too salty on the crust) but it was the roughness on my tongue that made the thick pieces of tuna hard to enjoy.

Overall...

Atmosphere .......... 4.8/5
Price ............... $$$
Service ............. 4.8/5
Taste (tonight's meal) ........... 3.2/5
Location ........ Yorkville (on Bloor, east of Avenue, 2nd floor) 



No comments:

Post a Comment