11/27/2013

Food Review: Pho Vietnam (Scarborough)

On a cold windy & rainy day out, what better than something hot to eat and warm up with?

My usual go-to for that remedy is always hot soup, but this time, I got my fix with a bowl of Pho.


A new plaza (clean and with lots of parking), opened about two years ago, just north of the corner plaza on Finch and Midland (west side) with a lot of restaurant choices. The strip plaza is not a bad size.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
v
With lots of restaurants to choose from, narrowing it down can be a little difficult since everything is Asian cuisine. But fortunately, it was easy to make this decision for Pho (really close by the church I attended last Sunday).



I ordered: 
Bowl of Pho (small, $6.50) with rare beef slices & tendon in noodles


I love my pho just as it is. I don't add any hot spices or other sauces.


The beef, I thought was delicious and tender as was the noodles. 
I was, however, disappointed with just how chewy the tendon pieces are. I like a good soft sticky and slightly chewy tendon. And the soup had much lacking in flavour or it was way too mild for my taste buds.

*when we ordered our pho, our waitress asked us if we'd like fresh or dry noodles. Hm?? what did she mean by that? 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
v
One thing I've sadly noticed is the hike up for Pho. A couple years ago, you can get a small bowl for $4.50-$5.00. =0( Maybe that's why I haven't been to any phos lately.


Overall,

Price ................. $-$$
Atmosphere .................... 4/5 Clean & Modern
Service ................ 4/5 Very friendly staff
Taste .................. 3/5





No comments:

Post a Comment