8/21/2012

Food Review: Jules Bistro

French food in Toronto and my first time having french food! 

Shocker!?!?... I know right, me too!


Today's food review takes us south of Chinatown to Richmond/Spadina area. Jules Bistro is the name.


Outside has a very small and limiting patio area, but it's the interior area..... that'll get you excited -at least for those detail-oriented-type people. =0)


It's french all around. You walk in and you can feel the atmosphere, the staff, the colors just bringing you into a french culture world @ Jules Bistro. I loved every second of it.


Even the wait staff felt... can I say... authentic?! ;p 

After thoroughly admiring the restaurants' atmosphere and decorum, us hungry gals, dove right into the menu to see what tasty foods will be delighting our hungry stomaches.



They had a good size menu to choose from. And not only that, they had a pretty big "specials" list that night. After viewing everything, I opted for some meat.... Steak sandwich. I was kinda curious as to how the french do steak. If you don't know me, I'm a big lover of steaks. I like the rare to the rare of rares. And since it's in sandwich form, I knew I'd be enjoying my stead between 2 very good french breads!


And for Monsieur Boeufs' ($12.95) close up:


Okay, I know it looks like I'm bragging about everything about this restaurant, but honestly, the sandwich was GOOD! SO GOOD! SO VERY GOOD! The veggies with the sauce with the steak and the bread together was a marriage for success. 

My friends' mains were also VERY tasty:


Grilled Salmon
The salmon wasn't overcooked and the meat was fresh and delicious.


Chicken in a very creamy sauce
The chicken was very tender and the cream sauce was just enough creaminess.

One thing that was less exciting were the portions. It can be especially seen with both my friends' main entrees. They stacked on the french fries, but the chicken entree looked very petite. One of them also made a comment that the fries looked like the same size as McDs'. hehe


Also with my sandwich, I had a side of French Onion Soup. The soup was very clean and healthy tasting. It looked very simple. The taste of it was not what I had expected and wish there was more cheese in it. I found a small clump of melted cheese at the very bottom of my soup bowl. The soup was probably my least favorite thing about the whole experience.

But overall, my first french restaurant experience was not bad at all. The atmosphere and the space having filled up completely was a very nice feeling. The staff was extremely smiley and very nice. 

Price: $$$
Customer service: 4.5/5
Food: 4/5
Atmosphere: 5/5
Location: 5/5 (close to my workplace)
Overall, I rate it 4/5

Meric Jules Bistro for a great night of food and fun with my friends! I will definitely come again!








No comments:

Post a Comment