8/15/2012

Food Review: Oh Geul Boh Geul (North York)

Just uptown on Yonge Street, in a small yellow/red coloured restaurant and squished between a row of other mom & pops' restaurants, is a great Korean restaurant called Oh Geul Boh Geul.


From my recollection, this is rare to have so many choices of side dishes. The other Korean restaurants I go to give, at most, 5 side dishes. This was a delight!

Too hungry to think, I forgot to take photos of the interior. But I'll describe it to you. It was small, very very small. But, they have a lot of seating. They even had private and spacious booth seats that looked as though they could fill 6, at most.

Onto our main dishes.


The popular, Tofu Stew with red bean rice


Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup


Ja Jang Myun (noodles) 


White Fish Stew

Each dish was blazing hot with tasty spices and great mouth full in every bite. They really pack it in. I love how they don't cheap out on the seafood like some other Korean restaurants I've been to. 

The service is okay, similar to all other Asian restaurants (quick and efficient). The place is small but it was very busy. We went on a Monday night and the place was already half packed when we were seated. And after 15 minutes, they had a line up. 

I liked this place very much and would definitely go again with friends. *Thanks Uncle Tony for taking us here! Great choice!

This place is good simply for great food. The ambiance is less than great, but the food and its size helps to overlook it. I think you would enjoy it if you like Korean food. 
.
.
.
.
Overall, I rate it 3.8/5




No comments:

Post a Comment