1/21/2013

Food Court Review: First Markham Place

It's funny, I never see any food court reviews on specific restaurants. But it might be a good idea to start since every shop is different. Let's start with the food court at First Markham Place. It's not new to most of us, but I thought I'd start talking about what I'm tasting.


When I went to First Markham Place to grab some dinner one night, I was a little overwhelmed by all the restaurants' menus. There were all posted up on their walls showing every single dish possible. Not being able to read Chinese myself (jok sing), I was even more overwhelmed on how to choose. Of course they had the English subtitle underneath it, but being half Canadian and half Chinese, I still knew the Chinese names of the food I usually eat and reading them in its translation was not as clear to me. 


But, when there's no choice, you do as much as you can. I was pretty happy when I was able to see that some of them had photos of the food.

We ended up choosing WOK'S KING. Why? No idea. haha sorry! But they had what I knew I wanted and so I just ordered. If you haven't been here, it's nice to know that with every order they give you a complimentary choice of cold soy milk or soup. 


On a cold night, we decided to get soup with our meal. The so-called fast food noodles were just as good as they are at other sit down restaurants. Of course, the greasiness does help it's taste. But the noodles were cooked wonderfully and it was very enjoyable.


It was a weeknight and so there wasn't much traffic, which I always love. This food court is very spacious with lots of seating. It was pretty clean as well.



Overall, I rate WOK'S KING 4/5

It's not about the glam or the plating, but the food is decent and inexpensive.

=0)



No comments:

Post a Comment