1/10/2013

Food Review: Mr. Congee Chinese Cuisine (Tsai Tsan Tang)

Here is my second review on one of GTA's HK diner restaurants


Mr. Congee Chinese Cuisine
Location: Warden & Finch (North West corner plaza, next to Price chopper)

This establishment is not as visible. It's located inside a very large plaza. However, if you keep going north on Warden, you see an opening into the plaza (left) and once you drive in, it has a medium-size sign.


I went in the late afternoon, which was just around the time they were serving afternoon tea. For those of you who don't know what afternoon tea is, it's set time (usually 3-5, sometimes as early as 2:30pm) where they have a different menu, greater value and along with the food, they provide a complimentary beverage. In this restaurant, they extend that service and offer 2 other options on top of the regular hot milk tea, coffee and lemon tea. At Mr. Congee (during afternoon tea 3-5pm), you can choose a Red Bean Ice Cream or Bubble Tea. *yum


The food here is not average, like most HK diners. 


My favorite dish was the fried rice, which was cooked perfectly and made very tasty. The soup noodles were as to expect, not bad but not great. My sister who had the beef in the red sauce, said it was not to her liking.


The restaurant is not too small, but not as spacious. The atmosphere and decor is very nice and very clean looking. The staff is so-so.





And best of all, the drinks. hahah It gets me all the time, I don't know why! I just find it makes the deal so much sweeter!



Overall, I rate this 3.3/5

Location .......... 5/5
Atmosphere ......... 4/5 
Service .............. 3/5
Prices ......... 3.3/5
Drinks ......... 5/5

I hope this post helped! =0) Enjoy your day everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment