5/16/2013

Food Review: Devi Restaurant (Montreal)


Two food reviews in one week of restaurants located on Crescent Street.

Today's review takes us a little south of PINO, called Devi Restaurant



Walked in and immediately noticed how decorative the place was. The hostess was very professional and the wait staff was very pleasant upon our arrival.

Since it was a little early for dinner, we sat at the window seat, which was very nice.



After we ordered, the waitress placed a complimentary app for us to enjoy. It was lighter than a chip, smoky, and a bang of spice. Both dipping sauce was ok -too spicy for my spice tolerance.


An order of spicy lamb ($21.00) & butter chicken ($19.00).

This restaurant is definitely on the more expensive (for what it is) comparative to the ones I've been to in Toronto and North York (which cost half the price). Perhaps, it's because of it's size?


And of course, indian food cannot be completed without either naan bread or Indian rice. So we opted for the fun naan bread.

The garlic naan bread (3) that we ordered was very delicious and nothing to complain about. 


The lamb was tasty. I myself am a fan of lamb, yet I can't really determine if the flavour better than what I've had. So far, I liked it. 


However, if I had to compare it to the Butter Chicken, then hands down the BC wins. It's sooo thick and creamy and not at all spicy, but just enough for me to love. They did good on this dish!

Overall, I thought everything was nice (service, food taste, location, atmosphere) except their prices.

Hmmmm.... might need to consider if I want to go back.

=0)










1 comment:

  1. I've only been there once so far, but the food was great! Pretty much everything was good, I enjoyed a log there
    all daily deals montreal

    ReplyDelete