5/27/2013

Food Review: Piazzetta (Montreal)


Another day in Montreal with my friends. 

And between meals, we thought we'd grab a drink somewhere with a nice patio. Unfortunately, everyone had the same thought. So, we stopped by Piazetta (St. Denis) for some snacks and drinks.


We ordered a pitcher of red Sangria & Egyptian bread with olive oil and crushed spices


I must admit, this was the first time I've ever had Sangria and I absolutely loved it. It was sooo tasty. I'm not a good drinker, I turn red and I easily get tipsy, so it's just not good in any way. However, when it comes to drinks made in this way, I'm totally down for it. It wasn't too sweet and it was very refreshing enough to drink it up quickly.

The Egyptian bread was something very unique. It was first time I've ever seen this on a menu. So you rip some of the bread off, dip it in the oil and then dip it into the spices and eat. It wasn't an overwhelming spice, but it had a hint of flavour. I thought it was different and quite nice. I wouldn't mind having that again.


The place, after checking it out was quite amazing-looking too.


The patio was medium large. They had 2 sections. One was the main section just outside of the restaurants' entrance. But the more unique part was that lining up to the curve, they had a couple bar tables/chairs that could fit 4-6 people on each table -I thought it was very cool.



From the outside, it doesn't look very big, but once you walk in, go up the narrow stairs, it becomes a sea of space. 

Overall, I was very happy with the service, food, location and the prices weren't bad ($$).













No comments:

Post a Comment