5/06/2013

Recipe: Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread

When you're bananas are ripping too quickly and it looks like it's past the point of eating it, this is the time for some baking.



I forgot where I found the recipe, but it's nothing too special. But I have been using this particular recipe over and over and no ones had any complaints yet.
.
.
.
.
V
Here's a step-by-step of how I make my banana bread (Chocolate Swirl in top)

Before you begin, turn on the oven to 350 degrees
.
.
.
.
Let's start with SUGAR and EGGS

I like to reduce my sugar content, so that I'm able to add/top with things like chocolate swirl etc.


First, put in 1/2 cup of SUGAR


Beat 2 eggs, add to the SUGAR and blend lightly


Add in:
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt


Add in 1 and 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour and then mix till blended well


When it looks like it's getting too dry, add in 1/4 cup of vegetable oil


Mix lightly and when blended, add in 1/2 cup of plain yogurt (the recipe calls for sour cream, but since I didn't have it I used yogurt. Plus it's healthier)



Lastly, stir (by hand) in the mashed bananas. I used 6 small bananas in this recipe.


and stir together


Before you pour in the batter, grease the pan. I greased it with olive oil.

When your oven is set to 350 degrees, you can take the chocolate chips and put it in the oven for 5-7 minutes to melt easily. 

Once melted, take the melted chocolate and make any design you'd like on the top crust of the banana bread. It's totally up to you.
.
.
.
.
And here's the finish loaf:



It was very tasty and moist!

=0)

I'll see you guys in May. I'm going away on vacation for one week, so I'll probably have more blog posts to share with ya'll very very soon!










No comments:

Post a Comment