7/15/2013

Food Review: Art Is In (Ottawa)

Our first morning in Ottawa, my friends took us to a place in the wholesale packing area, where the local bread artist holds his retail store.



With a spacious ocean of parking, you can find ART.IS.IN at unit 112-114 for their retail store.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
V

Unfortunately, it doesn't get prettier than this. BUT, the food you are about to see will make up for it. =0)





It's completely industral-looking and it's clean. They've got a very electic decor and lots of tables and chairs for their mountains of customers. 

But the real showstopper is in their food and baked goods. Take a look and I know you'll be drooling by the end of these photos.





Their baked goods are on the large side, so it's great for sharing and making new friends *wink*.

Art.Is.In also has a fair amount of food items to order. But, get there earlier than later because the food made that day get sold out quickly... on Sunday afternoon, 3 items on the list was sold out by noon (and it opened at 9:00am).

My breakfast started with their amazing-looking lemon raspberry danish (I honestly ate with my eyes). 

\

After I saw these giant mommas, I had to try one. But don't worry I shared it! It was WAY too big to eat it all up by myself, I'm not a piggy ;p


Here's a way to measure just how big this danish was. I took their postcard to help. The box is not small, more of a medium size.


Also, I tried their peppermint tea -tasted like Christmas!

And here IT IS:


How'd it taste? I'll tell you!

It was GOOD. The fluffy croissant danish underneath the beauty was absolutely fresh, light and oh so buttery. The lemon sauce with the raspberry gave a tart flavour making the frosting taste not-too-sweet -which I like best.



Then I had a taste of the chocolate walnut chewy cookie (gluten free) and THAT was great because it wasn't overly sweet. The cookie inside was a soft like a brownie and I just devoured it! So... that was a good cookie and it's great for the gluen-free ppl. =)


In the midst of all this sharing of great pastries, I forgot to take a photo of the chocolatine croissant that doubled the size of "my" fist (photo above, to your left). Just like my danish and the chocolate cookie, it was ridiculously good. There weren't any fancy frostings or pretty fruit on it, but this, the invention of the croissant by Chef Kevin was perfect.  It did not take dry at all. The croissant was extremely flaky (stuck to my lips and made a mountain) and so soft inside with a nice toasted exterior.


Overall, I cannot gush more about Art.Is.In.... or can I? Wait till I tell you about my lunch adventure here. Yes, I came back the very next day!

It's got it all, Art in the form of bread. He's the Michelangelo of bread!

6/5 stars

Here's a little something for you to read about... the man behind the bread:



Thanks Kevin! I'll definitely be coming back!




No comments:

Post a Comment