7/30/2013

Food Review: Huong's Vietnamese Bistro (Ottawa)

Feeling starved after all the afternoon events for Canada Day in Ottawa, my local friends take us to one of the many many maaaannnnnny vietnamese pho restaurants in Chinatown. 


We go to Huong's Vietnamese Bistro (they are currently in the transition to move a couple houses down on the same street)


The decor brings me back to my childhood -before modern became a thing. It was classic, old but still doable. We went around 4-5pm and they had filled more than half of the restaurant.


Price wise, compared to some of Toronto's Pho restaurants, it ran at a higher rate. In Toronto you can get a small bowl (perfect for myself) for $5.50, but at Huong's their prices started at $6.50 for a small bowl of pho.


More decorations, their tables were filled with newspaper clippings. I looked and saw that it was about them. That in itself always makes me feel more confident. It makes me feel like they know what they're doing... even when they lack elsewhere because in all honesty, if the food is good (and the service isn't too crappy) then I'm down and may stay as a regular. 


I ordered P7 which was pho with rare beef and beef tendon


Taste wise, it was alright. But I must admit, to me, all pho is just good. There hasn't been one that super great or super bad. From the soup, I liked it (but still not worth $6.50).

When you're done eating, you can go up to the cashier and pay there! It's basic at this restaurant. But being Asian myself, I don't expect much service, so long as the food speaks for itself.

Overall, I'd give Huong's Vietnamese Bistro 3.5/5 stars






No comments:

Post a Comment