7/22/2013

National Ice Cream Day @ Cold Stone Creamery

Yesterday was Canada's National Ice Cream Day (courtesy of Cold Stone Creamery/Tim Horton's) and I happen to hear loud noises an hour before 2:00pm, when the FREE ICE CREAM began.


Having been so close to a Tim Horton's/Cold Stone Creamery location made it easy for me to check it out. There was a DJ/MC that attracted passerby to let them know about the event. I was very surprised to see no big line up. North York is definitely not like downtown with the crowds, even though North York Downtown area is filled with many people walking along Yonge street at all hours of the day.


This was around 1:45-1:50pm and still.... no line up. Where are the people? It was such a nice and sunny day too. 

.
.
.
.
.
v

This is how I saw the line when it hit 2:00pm. It was really hot outside, so I decided to wait indoors. The good thing was that once you get your wristband, you don't need to get the free ice cream right away. One of the sites said that you can use it anytime on July 21 after 2:00pm.


So I got my wristband and left.


It's kind of neat. When you order, you look to the top of the glass, where it tells you the signature creations such as Mint Chocolate, Coffee Lovers Ice Cream etc. But if you look at the ice creams, they are all plain flavours. So... this is where the fun part begins (and the work for the employees). Just like another Ice Cream store, they take the different flavours (of the signature creation you choose) and they put it on top of a marble table and then adds the different toppings (chosen from the signature creations) and then mixes it together to create a semi-customized gourmet ice cream.


And here are the sizes. For the National Ice Cream Day, the Free Ice Cream gives you a regular size (medium) and a waffle cone.


But since I was lucky enough to get 2 wristbands, they accommodated my order of combining two portions into one of their to-go boxes. However it limited me to choose 1 signature creation, Coffee Lover's Ice Cream, but the employee was very sweet and gave me 2 waffle bowls to bring home. 





And la voila! A lovely and FREE day!












No comments:

Post a Comment