7/17/2012

Food Review: Butler's Pantry

In the heart of the Annex, just off of Bloor on Markham/Mirvish street, there is a street lined up with the chill-est restaurants waiting for you to enjoy. I went here with a big group of friends to enjoy a friend's birthday and of course with some good food.


Butler's Pantry was the name. 


We sat inside due to the our group size. But Butler's Pantry also has a very nice and medium-size patio out front.


They had a very wide variety of food choices. I was surprised and delighted to see some Egyptian and Indian flavours. I might even add that they're "genre" should have a new category called "Toronto". Toronto has so many different foods to offer, it's no wonder I found a restaurant that really exemplifies just that. But the most important thing was the taste.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I decided on the Beef Burgundy Casserole


The presentation was beautiful. And on top of these very large and heavy white squared plates, there was my beautifully created Beef Burundy Casserole. I was a little disappointed that it was my salad that filled most of my plate and my casserole looked more like a side dish.


Overall, the taste of my Beef Burundy wasn't too bad. The beef was nice and not dry. The flavours were great. Although, it was the mashed potato on top, though beautifully presented, was a bit dry tasting and not very creamy as I would have liked it to be.  The salad was large and good. The salad dressing was my favorite (photo below). They gave us a couple of bottles for the table. 


Some of my friends' entrees were very large and very tasty.  Right in front was an order of the Biryani (spicy, $9).


I give Butler's pantry a 2.7/5

The presentation of food was great. 
The price was reasonable ($$).
The atmosphere was dark, but nice.
The taste was a little better than okay.





No comments:

Post a Comment