7/19/2012

Food Review: Prairie Girl Bakery

Cupcakes! Cupcakes! Cupcakes!



Ever since the hype of cupcakes spotted up a few year back, I have yet buy into the cupcake culture and indulge myself in a bakery/store bought, high price cupcake. However, one year ago, a friend of mine told me about this one bakery that I had to try, had to. So... I did!



This was truly a cupcake store. They only sold cupcakes. They had 15 daily flavors + other specialty cupcakes. They also have gluten free option.


They offer very adorable cupcake toppers. Monday's special was a red little birdie.


Even their cupcakes get a special lighting stage to highlight the beauty of their cupcakes. 


There were so many that we could not choose. The staff member saw us struggling and offered us a card that had all the different flavours  to choose from. She also gave us a pen to help us check off what we liked. Our list got bigger and bigger.


It came down to 6. 

Strawberry Vanilla
Chocolate Chocolate
Coconut Vanilla
Lemon Vanilla
Classic Red Velvet
Vanilla Bean 


We decided to try them all! Note to you: Have a glass of milk while trying half a dozen mini cupcakes. It'll taste that much better.


Before trying this place out, I did my research and read up on other peoples' reviews of this place. I saw a lot of great reviews and I saw a few that just flat out hated it in every single way. Already I had a good impression since it was a friend of mine who told me about this place, so I had good thoughts. 

It turned out to be very tasty, especially for my first time. The cake was moist and flavourful. Each cupcake flavor was not too overwhelming but just right. My favorite was the lemon vanilla and chocolate chocolate. I think I would just eat a dozen of those and be good.


And this was the aftermath. A little too much icing, but my friend and I had A LOT of fun eating and enjoying those Prairie Girl cupcakes.
.
.
.
.
.
Location: 18 King Street East (just off of King on Victoria st)

Open: Mon - Sat from 10am - 6pm

Price: Reg $2.75; mini $1.75


Go and try them for yourself! =0)







No comments:

Post a Comment