7/03/2012

Food Review: Sunnyside Grill


An all-day breakfast place for my readers today. 
Sunnyside Grill is located at St. Clair Street West and Dufferin.


Their choice of colours makes it a very fun and light atmosphere -almost breakfast perfection. The space is large but tight enough to fill the space with tables for more customers.


Everything about this place made me like it even more. But the most important thing... how'd they rate on food.


My usual, I ordered my favorite breakfast dish but with a twist. This had chicken breast and ham tucked inside.


Looks good? Well.... I'm sad to say, the taste was nothing of what I thought it would be like. The presentation looked amazing and the egg was cooked perfectly.......


However, the taste was just horrible. The hollandaise sauce was not rich or thick or creamy. It lacked in a big way. After taking a couple bites, I felt that the chicken tasted too rubbery. The only thing good about the plate was the egg, potatoes, and bread.



Overall, this was a truly bad experience in taste. I'm kind of sad since the place looks sooo good. I just hope that maybe I came in on a bad day and the rest of their food items have a better taste.

Good luck Sunnyside Grill.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Christen,
    Check out Boom Breakfast on St Clair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, its vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, cool. Thanks Viv!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10/25/2012

    Photos look great, but sorry to hear that it was so disappointing. :(
    My fave eggs benny so far might be Bonjour Brioche, although I actually love their Croque Madame so so much, that I never order eggs benny unless I'm sharing with someone else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately I've been passing by Bonjour Brioche but have not gone in to try. =0) Thx!

    ReplyDelete