7/13/2012

Food Review: Joons

Had a craving for Korean food and got my fixing the day after Canada Day. 

My friend and I enjoyed a beautiful day in the park and after catching up it was already dinner time. We walked a little south to Joons on Yonge street just north of Sheppard Ave. 


I ordered this dish many years ago and I loved it. It's called Dak Galbi 닭갈비 ($9.95 per portion). This is a 2-person portion (must buy 2 portions minimum) that has a great spicy (but not too spicy) sauce with cabbage, carrots, tender chicken breast and legs, and onions. We also ordered a side of mozzarella cheese and rice cakes to make the dish even more tasty.


And it was very tasty! The meals' portion was just right. We had very little left and took it to go.


They had a very simple line of side dishes. My favorite was the white radishes cut thinly and the sugar mashed potatoes.
.
.
.
.
.
This is a great place for good Korean food. It has a wide variety and the price is decent. The decor is definitely nothing to show for, but that doesn't stop the customers from filling the restaurant.

Overall, I give them a 3.8/5



No comments:

Post a Comment