7/12/2012

Food Review: Dim Sum Downtown

Where oh where is a good place to have good, affordable dim sum downtown Toronto?

This one was tough to find. I searched everywhere, read a million reviews and talked with many different people who had very different experiences. 

DIM SUM KING SEAFOOD RESTAURANT


Dim Sum King is located on Dundas St. West between Huron and Beverly. It's in a plaza on the 3rd floor. 

When I walked in, I literally felt like I was in one of the dim sum restaurants in Markham or Richmond Hill. It's a very large banquet hall in the heart of downtown's Chinatown. Amazing!


Unfortunately, my first experience here was not so great, due to my own circumstances. We got there a little after 2:00pm where it was basically deserted. We were lucky enough to order 6 dishes (3 people) before they stopped serving completely. The service was not good, but efficient. It was pretty hard to get their attention to get the bill.. stuff like that was not easy.

However, during the late afternoon hours, every order (Small/Medium/Large), was $2 each! What a great deal! We had the usual, siu mai, har gow and spare ribs.


Portions were medium size.
Price is excellent.
Space is very nice and spacious.
Service is okay (since I wasn't there during busy hours and still slow service)
Taste is great!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Overall, I would rate it 3.5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment