4/25/2012

Coffee Review: Linuxcaffe



Located at the exact corner of Grace and Harbord Street (closest subway station, Christie), this corner cafe is not small in any way.

I came to Linuxcaffe after the fact that I discovered it while I was heading to Sam James Cafe a few weeks back. Within walking distances of each other, the space looked adorable and I knew I had to check it out soon.



Looking up at their chalkboard menu, you can't help but notice their wall of teas in their colourful canisters.  



In the front of the cafe, there are two areas for bar-stooling. It's nice for parties of one or people watching while enjoying the tastes of Linuxcaffe products.


I went there to meet up with a friend who had just come back from overseas and I thought this might be a great place to hang out and reconnect after 2 years of not seeing each other. I ended up getting there first. Most of the tables in the back were filled with laptop patrons, so I opted for a bar stool by the window. It was a great day out and didn't mind the sunshine seat. I got there and did have to make a "attention" cough to get one of the staffs' attention. They apologized and asked what I would like. I opted for something cold, but did not see anything made iced, so instead I got a mocha latte.


The taste was good. There wasn't anything in the drink that made me think otherwise. My friend also ordered a butter pecan tart, small-medium size. With an very deep love for butter pecan tart, it was delicious. The crust was hard and crunchy and the filling was not overpoweringly sweet, but just sweet enough.


Linuxcaffe is a great place to have coffee with a friend. The space is not as decorative in the back, but their patio area in the front looks very inviting.


Rating it 2.3/5 stars



1 comment:

  1. So sad, this cafe closed down about a year ago. =0(

    ReplyDelete