4/30/2012

My Top 3 Indie Coffee Places

After trying over a dozen indie coffee cafes in 3 weeks, you didn't think it was over did you? =0)
Now, it's time to pick my top favorites. So... here are my topic 3 choices and why.

1) Green Grind (College/West of Bathurst)


Aside from their everything-that-I-like-about-them, I really enjoyed this cafe because of its multiple functionalities. I like to go to cafes and stay awhile and chill out and maybe do some internet surfing while enjoying a good cup of java. The Green Grind gives that space and atmosphere to feel at ease and not rushed.


And the drink that I ordered was indeed a good cup of java. 

.
.
.
.

2) The One in the Only Coffee House (Donlands/Danforth)


This cafe was tied with Green Grind, so I just picked them both. Similar to Green Grind, The One in the Only House Coffee's atmosphere is inviting, comfortable, cozy, they have free wi-fi and they serve drinks and food, so you can stay a bit longer. Moreover, this cafe is  special to me because it has a backyard patio that's small and intimate.



The feel of The Only Cafe doesn't make you feel like you need to worry about a thing. Everyone there is so relaxed and just doing their own thing. And this is a great place to sit and catch up with a friend(s).


And at the same time, the 2 staff persons there were not in-your-hand helpful, but one that was friendly and chill.


This is a view looking to the front of the cafe.



And my drink wasn't bad! =0)
.
.
.
.

3) Fahrenheit (Jarvis/South of Richmond St. East)


My 3rd top favorite is a very very very small coffee shop on the east side of Yonge. I picked this above all others because it was simply their product that would make me come back again and again, despite the cramped small space. And... the customer service didn't hurt. 



The feeling you get here is: busy! But another feeling you get is, Mmmmm what smells so good. And that is what seems to make this cafe so popular.


Thanks for the lovely heart design Fahrenheit! <3



And that's it for the Indie Coffee Passport reviews. I won't stop reviewing other coffee places though, so no worries. I hope this helps you discover what coffee places you like for your own style.




No comments:

Post a Comment