4/23/2012

Lunch Review: Salon Kraussman (Montreal)


Taking a leisure lunch outside of the office. We come to a place very close to my friends' office, on Cote de la Beaver Hall called Brisket Kraussman in Montreal.


We walk in and discover just how massive this restaurant is. From the outside, it looks like a small-medium size restaurant. As they led us to our seats (in the very deep back of the restaurant), we pass by rows and rows of rectangular tables filling parties of 8 or more. Just by looking at the patrons, I feel like we fit in as it was mainly people from the offices nearby coming in for a sit down restaurant.


I ordered the "best of - Platter" ($11.93). It works include coleslaw, poutine, feet of pork (first photo below) and smoked meat (second photo below). When I tried the "feet of pork", I was expecting a very unique texture of meat, but the only thing that was different was the way it was shaped, ballsy-looking. The meat was very soft and tender. The smoked meat had a good smokiness. My poutine was good -as always and the coleslaw was less than great. It didn't feel very fresh or tasty. Overall though, the dish was well worth the price and very filling.



My friend's dish was the Sandwich a la viande fumee geant ($13.33).


And yes it was, gigantic! The meat was the same as mine but cut thinly and piled on high to the skies. I think my friend only ended up eating one of the two sandwiches. The fries were good, a little short for my taste but the cut was thick enough.

This restaurant attracts large groups, but as well I think its good for casual lunch/dinner with friends who can eat a lot and likes their meats and potatoes. This is not a very "vegetable-friendly" place -you've been warned. What else would you expect from a deli. =p


Rating it 2.5/5 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment