4/26/2012

Dinner Review: GLOW

Exterior

GLOW @ Shops At Don Mills (Don Mills/Lawrence)

Interior


GLOW is very lavish, very spacious and very bright restaurant inside the heart of Shops at Don Mills. The interior makes you feel like you're under the sea (glass seaweed, Coral roof decor) and the light palette creates a warm and inviting room to fancy in.

Great for a celebration setting, I went with three friends to celebrate my birthday. The server was very well-mannered (maybe a little too well-mannered, though I'm not complaining). He was mildly helpful with what's good on the menu and the food came just in time. 


Our first tasting was complimentary from the chef: 3 dippers. 1) Hummus, 2) Olives, 3) Sun dried tomato. Can you guess which one was the tastiest? I'll give you a clue, it's not the ones on the end. =0)


The olive spread was amazing. The bold taste of olives packed the biggest punch. If the other two weren't being compared and was presented by itself, all three gave a great taste performance in my mouth.


For my entree, I ordered the Lamb Shank.



If you're drooling right now, then head to this restaurant and get this now because it's as good as it looks and its worth its price. The meat was fall-off-the-bone delicious and the sauce plus the mashed potatoes had a great texture. 

And this is what my plate looked like afterwards:

Yes, I finished EVERYTHING. The sauce was soaked up by the creamy mashed potatoes giving me an easier way to enjoy the sauce with my lamb.

I also got to try some of my friends' entrees, which were very delightful.
 
Mediterranean Burger
Gourmet Turkey Burger
Piacatta Veal (Not 100% about the name)


On the menu, they mention that the burgers are bunless because they believe that the bun will take away from the whole taste experience. I tried a bite of everyone's' dish and I honestly have no bad reviews. Both burgers tasted very nice and juicy and was seasoned well. The veal was very delicious, enough said! 


Rating it 4.5/5


This restaurant is perfect for dinner dates, party celebrations and girls' night out.



1 comment: