4/19/2012

Dessert Review: Juliette et Chocolat (Montreal)




A Girl and her chocolate, Juliette et Chocolat on Rue Saint Laurent.


After a day in Mont-Royal, walking through Prince Arthur Street led us straight to a very lovely place that delighted in its main pleasure, chocolate. 


The place was already half packed and it was around 4:30pm on a Thursday. Good sign. After much walking, this was the perfect place to sit down, recharge our gadgets and enjoy some creamy chocolate treats. Our waiter was very busy and we received a mediocre service, but when he waited on us, he was a delight. The menu was so big, we could not decide. However, our waiter told us that they have some of the desserts on display. We hurried to see all the goodies. At the end, I ordered the Hazelnut Praline Petit Pot ($4.25) and my friend ordered the Cranberry Pistachio Brownie ($4.50). 





My petit pot was divine. It was light, fluffy and oh so creamy. I wanted to savour it for as long as I can, but after my first bite I couldn't stop. The accompaniment of the hazelnut only enhanced the whole experience.




I had a bite of my friends' brownie and it wasn't bad. I never would have thought to add cranberries to a brownie, but it was good. The brownies' texture was very dense, but the taste itself was good.



Now, I just wish we had a restaurant just like Juliette et Chocolat in Toronto. Also,  they have an extensive food menu as well.

Rating it 3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment