6/21/2012

Dessert Review: Yogurty on Bloor


With the weather as hot as it is, ice cream parlors and such are considered to be heaven-like. It was no different when my friends and I, after having a nice walk after dinner, when we went to the newly franchise Yogurty on Bloor (east of Bathurst St.).


Similar to other frozen yogurt places such as Menchie's (just one street down), they do it "serve-yourself" style and gives you the chance to try what you like in mini cup and then when you are ready, grab a big cup and filler up.
.
.
.

I will say that they had a very unique variety of flavors. They had a few fruit flavours, some cake flavors (Red velvet) and others were just wild like Greek Yogurt and Salted Caramel. 


With the cup already so large, I had to restrain myself and just get enough to enjoy. I ended up trying the Rasberry and Greek Yogurt. The Rasberry had a great big fruity punch to it while the Green yogurt was more creamy than anything. Overall, it was 2 great flavours, if I say so myself.


I really liked the look and feel of the place. Aside from the great location (The Annex), the big garage doors makes the frozen yogurt place even more inviting. I had a look at their website and it was also very pleasant to navigate through; it had a lot of visual aid. The only thing it seems to lack is a bit of information such as cost. As well the flavors it shows don't seem to be at every location as I did not see at least half of the flavours at the Bloor location.


For your knowledge, they are a lot cheaper than Menchie's (just east from this location). They cost 55 cents per 28g. I opted not to top anything on my yogurt because I'd rather just enjoy the cool ice treat as it was meant to. For this amount, it came to $2.45. Not too bad. I believe I had roughly the same portion when I went to Menchies and it costed me around $4 and change. And while my friends and I sat and caught up with our yogurts in hand, one of the waiters came by and handed out a $1 off coupon for our next visit. That was a nice treat and marketing technique.

Overall, this is a great and affordable place to go out for an ice cream substitution after dinner. Go with your friends, after date treat or just by yourself. The selection is great, the locations are convenient and best of all its not so expensive. 

Happy Thursday Everyone!








No comments:

Post a Comment