6/18/2012

Food Innovation: Chik Mul Naeng Myeon


A cute little korean restaurant uptown that has a lot of buzz.

CHO SUN OK Korean Restaurant is located on Yonge street, north of Steeles. Recommended by some of my friends, the dish called Chik Mul Naeng Myeon ($8.95), a.k.a the thin arrowroot noodles in special icy broth was a specialty. But why?


Part of its description gave it away: ICY BROTH! I have never ever heard nor have I tried anything like it.


Arrowroot noodles were very tasty. It was thin and a little chewy. All in all, very good!


In all honesty, it is a perfect dish to enjoy on a hot summer day like last Sunday, however, the innovation of creating something hot into cold is still so new to me that I cannot get past icy broth concept. Broth to me has always been hot or warm, not cold or icy. 

Another dish that I loved and ordered was a sausage-like dish (photo below); sorry forgot the name.


It reminded me of the Chinese sticky-rice but with much more flavour. This dish was also very big, great for sharing.


We got there around 5:30pm on a weekend thinking that there will be less of a line up, but everyone thought the same. The restaurant wasn't extremely small, but the amount of people waiting in line had us waiting for around thirty minutes for a seat. This was a great 'korean food' experience. 
.
.
.
.
Happy Monday Everyone! 


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/19/2012

    The sausage-like things you ate are actually stuffed intestines :P! yum.

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? No way! Glad I didn't know that when I ate it. But I think I would still go back and order it.. it was sooooooooo good!

      Delete