6/11/2012

Food Review: Mill St. Brewery


Modern, Rustic and Industrial can describe this classy pub downtown Toronto.


Mill St. Brewery @ the Distillery district


We got here after a long trek of playing "find that restaurant" until we stumbled on Mill St. Brewery. Hungry and tired and past 2pm, my friend and I decided to walk the few steps from the restaurant we thought had an event/festival and walked over to Mill St. 

I'm always happy when brunch is served late on weekends. I like to have that option in case my egg cravings get to be too much (photo above)


Also known for their beer, my friend ordered their Stock ale (photo below). I myself am not a beer drinker, but I tried a sip and it wasn't bad at all. Of course, I was super thirsty and it was ice cold and fizzy.


Not since a long while have I ordered steak and eggs ($13) at any restaurant. I told the waitress to make it as rare as they legally can and just hoped they would do a decent job on my meat. As it turns out....


With steak as one of my favorite foods, I discovered that most restaurant don't make it rare the way rare should be. Of course this doesn't include steakhouses. But I must admit, they did it right and very juicy. I gave some to my friend to try and she also loved it... love love love love loved it. I did too!

Another interesting thing I saw on their menu (for a brewery pub food type restaurant) ethnic food choices.
Both my friend and I were intrigued and by the end, she decided to order the Butter chicken and Naan.


They even went all out and used an authentic looking bowl. Very cool. My friend found that the dish was okay... not a good tasting as my steak and eggs. Go figure! hehe

I'm starting to think to make this place more a friendlier selection for future outings. The only thing is that this place is in pretty far. But for good food and good atmosphere, I don't mind.



Type of place: It's great for group outings with friends and/or co-workers. It gets pretty loud and although there's a lot of space, they've jammed pack every square inch with tables and chairs. So, if you don't mind being cozy with strangers, this is a great place to chill and relax after work or on the weekends.
.
.
.
.

Happy Monday everyone! Hope that helps lighten the day for a great week!   













No comments:

Post a Comment