6/05/2012

Food Review: Bistro Six-One


On a quaint Niagara-on-the-lake street named Queen Street, you will find a town-like atmosphere that tickles your fancies for out-of-towner delights. This street has mostly mom & pops restaurant that go from upscale to casual and weaved in have some of the most adorable clothes and accessory shops as well ice cream parlors.

For dinner, my friends and I reserved a spot at Bistro Six-One on Queen street.  


The look of the place wasn't exactly what I pictured as the restaurant was filed under upscale casual on  http://www.niagaraonthelake.com. It seemed a lot more family-friendly casual. 



But aside from the look of the restaurant, the most important thing was the taste and look of their food. After a day of wine touring, I was definitely in need of quality food.


My dish for the night was a Ham & Brie Sandwich. The ham was piled on high and the brie was cut thick, just the way I like it. And the taste?


I have nothing to complain about the fries. The ham was just a tad bit salty, but that could be because of how much ham was inside the sandwich. The brie was what I was expecting to be the best. But quite honestly, it fell down hard and made the whole sandwich do a dip into the low ratings. It was melted but then  when it was brought out to me, the cheese was extremely hard in a melted form. 

**~**

Overall, I had an okay experience at this restaurant taste wise. However, the customer service was very pleasant. I enjoy small towns for their charming personalities. Unlike the big city, people are genuinely nice for the sake of being nice and not a tip! 



No comments:

Post a Comment