5/25/2012

Dessert: Dolce style

One of my favorite kind of sweetness with the most delicious and refreshing taste is an Italian dessert, the gelato. 


Days that look like this, the sun is urging you to thirst your quench on something refreshing, and what more is refreshing than the tropical flavours of the gelato family. While we were in the neighorhood, we tried Dolce's on Danforth.


And it wasn't just us that agreed, Dolce's was very busy this Victoria weekend.


I can't say I wasn't tempted. This Sphogliatelle looked so good and the thousands flakes make it look that much more delicious and crispy.


Mmmmmm... and then some more sweetness to the eyes and mouth.
.
.
.
.
.
.


But of course, my heart told me to get a gelato. My two flavours were cantaloupe and pear. The cantaloupe was a bit disappointing and kind of bland, but the pear tasted exactly like a pear and it was so refreshing.  I will definitely get pear flavour on my next trip to Dolce's.




No comments:

Post a Comment