5/24/2012

Lunch Review: Cafe Belong

In a more hidden area in Toronto, you'll find a very classy cafe called Cafe Belong inside Evergreen Brick Works. North of Danforth just off of Bayview Avenue, this gigantic space is nature heaven. It has long hiking routes, historical museum artifacts and all-around respect for Toronto's history.

But let's not get side-tracked, here's what's the what about Cafe Belong.


After you park your car, the main building holds a nursery, a farmer's-like market and of course, the cafe sit down restaurant and to-go cafe.


The outside may look small, but the interior and it's decor is more than pleasing to the eye.




The patio was a bit too sunny for our liking that afternoon, so we decided to sit right at the indoor table but close enough to the door that we could enjoy some sunlight with our lunch.
.
.
and now onto the....FOOD!


Since it still felt like morning, I indulged my sweet tooth and ordered their Oatmeal pancakes with whipped cream, rhubarb & cherry compote and maple syrup.




The pancakes were large and thick as well very buttery and very fluffy. The rhubarb & cherry compote added a perfect balance of sour with the sweetness of the maple syrup and whipped cream. Chunks of cherries also added a great texture. 

For a very common breakfast/brunch dish, I must say that I've never had pancakes like this, and I loved it. 

Rating it 4.4/5

.
.
.
.

And even though I loved every bite, not all of it fit into my tummy! =0)

  











1 comment:


  1. I love this my favorite dish. They are the best with honey, nuts and fruits. Thanks for another interesting food lesson. Please visit here some related Japanese dessert Toronto.
    Toronto Pancakes
    best pancakes toronto

    ReplyDelete