5/28/2012

Home cooking, theccgirl Style

Today, I was in a very creative mood. Before getting started with my friends' wedding favors, I decided to make a delicious lunch.


.
.
.
I decided to turn to my pasta book that my friend gave me a while back by William Sonoma. Flipping through it, I discovered that I may or may not have all the ingredients. This is where my creative ding turns on. A couple years ago, after watching this k-drama titled, PASTA, it really got me loving the very famous pasta dish, Aioli. It was so simple and having never tried it and only watching the actors eat it and fall in love with it, I had to make it. I loved it SOOO much! And it didn't have a Americanized thick sauce. It was simply Italian and amazingly tasty.

So now, after rummaging through my fridge, I discovered a lot of ingredients I could play with.


Firstly..... I made some delicious tasting meatballs, using a PC burger seasoning.


Added an egg and bread crumbs to make it moist.


After I pan fried the exterior through, I baked it 250 degrees for roughly 20-25 minutes.


Once I put the meatballs in the oven, I started chopping half a head of garlic (the more the better tasting), two cloves of scallion and one tomato.


After the veggies were done, it was perfect time to start cooking my linguine and then slowly get started on my sauce.


Creating the sauce: Yogurt (or Sour cream), garlic, scallions, tomatoes, salt and pepper


And when the sauce it complete, so did my linguine. I put the plate together and la voila....

CCGIRL LINGUINE


My meatballs were a little over cooked on the outside, but that PC seasoning I used in it really made it great.  The dish as a whole was a very tasty. 
.
.
.
.
Today's lunch was a success!







 


2 comments:

  1. Good to know that book kind of became handy :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. =0) IT WAS AWESOME! THX!

    ReplyDelete