5/06/2012

Lunch Review: Universal Grill

On a perfect sun-filled day as Sunday, lunching on the patio sounded perfect. 


Unfortunately, many people were thinking the same thing, so instead of a patio seat we sat inside. Option two wasn't so bad  ;)


Universal Grill holds the shape of a diner with its bar stool area and booth seats, but they also squeezed in some regular seats in between the booths. Not as pretty looking, and sadly we had to sit in one of the smaller, tighter table (photo below).


Time for the food stuff:


This is their brunch menu. They did have a good variety among a small menu. I was going to go for a more breakfast type meal, but it was already 1:00pm and I was hungry for more food-food, so I opted for... Black Angus burger ($12.00).


What I loved about the presentation of my dish were the gigantic onion rings on top of my burger. Again, however, I must say unfortunately as good as they looked, the taste was not up to par. The only thing that had a good season was the burger patty. Unfortunately, for my taste, the burger was way over-spiced. I also thought my cubed fries were cut too thick that the seasoning wasn't evenly distributed to enjoy each bite.  The onion rings looked great, but way too thick that the deep fry taste felt too greasy in my mouth.

.
.
.

This is ideal for a place for casual brunches with friends and it's also a fun second or third date place too. The customer service could be better, but did enough for me, for now. They were pretty busy on a Sunday afternoon. That's a good sign.

Rating it 2.2/5

Not the best, but I am hopeful that it can be better if I ever make another visit. I came after two different friends' of mine suggested this as a good brunch restaurant.




No comments:

Post a Comment