5/21/2012

First time for everything, Lick's Homeburgers

After living in Toronto for over 5 years, it occurred to me that I have yet to try the homestyle Lick's homeburger. Though it's not a restaurant you'll see everywhere like a McDonald's or other fast foods, Lick's has a very special homey feel that serves quick but eats home-cooked.


This past weekend, I traveled all the way to the Beaches location and discovered a very sweet little niche on Queen Street East.


Upon entering the shop, this particular location was brimming with visions of young and fun childhood memories. There were children everywhere enjoying themselves. Some were chewing on a single french fry while others were licking huge ice cream cones that were quickly dripping onto their hands. As timing goes, this could not have made a better impression on me.

 

Inside the store had much of the same likeness and feel as it did outside. With its bright colours masking on the walls and furniture, this was a very burgerlicious place.


Trying Lick's for the first time, I decided to go original, Home burger (photo above) with a side of onion rings (photo below).


Rating it 4.5/5

The burger was mega big, so juicy and oh-so-delicious. The patty was as giant as I dreamed a good burger to be. I did have to exercise my jaw a lot to feast on this huge burger. Overall, it was very good. But you probably knew that. Lick's has been open since 1980. I was too full to try, but they also have an ice cream section for afterwards. 



I loved this place. It's great for a family outing and on-the-go quality-not-fast-food burger.
.
.
.
I hope everyone had a great Victoria Day weekend!

theccgirl


No comments:

Post a Comment