9/20/2012

Food Review: Corner Bistro (NYC)

This was a gem.

We were hungry.
We were hungry and tired.
We wanted good food.
But.. we didn't want to pay for overpriced food.

So...

I pulled out my list of "researched" New York City restaurants by Google reviewers. Located in West Village, this tiny joint is where all the hype is at.


The first thought that comes into my mind (when I saw the places' exterior and interior) was the "Burger" episode from HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER. 

This is the episode that talks about how when Marshall first arrives to NYC, he found a small bistro restaurant where he ordered and enjoyed the best burger he's ever tasted. By the end of the night, I felt like I relived that very same episode.



The place was simply perfect. It was vintage, the staff did their own thing, and the feeling of the place felt so authentic.

The menu was up on the wall (photo below, left), very hard to see and had a limited list (which made for choosing that much easier). 


My order or Bacon Cheeseburger ($8.50) and Fries ($3) (comes separately).




Adding to the awesome ghetto-ness, were their plates, they served everything on plastic. =0)

The beef patty was the largest and thickest I've ever had. And because of it's thickness, I think it needed just a bit more "seasoning" to help even out the ratio of beef and flavor. But as a whole, the burger was one of the best I've ever had. 


This type of burgers are those greasy and messy ones. The bun pretty much melts as you bite through the burger and the only thing left in your hands is beef and sauce. 


Overall, I have to say, I love this place. 
It's small but cozy
It's dark but friendly
It's limited (food choices) but incredibly tasty

I rate Corner Bistro 4.8/5









No comments:

Post a Comment