9/03/2012

Bakery Review: Franchise vs. Homemade

Franchise vs. Homemade


Why not both franchise for convenience and homemade for quality taste!

At Crumbs Bake Shop New York, it's a homemade feeling in a franchise kind of way.

 

With its modern yet bakery style store and shelf after shelf of tasty sweet treats, Crumbs brings a very new and fresh bakery store to the mix. 

Being in USA is such a explosive experience for me. Though Canada is not too far away, the presentation and portions of American food always seems expand more and more. 


Cupcakes, cakes and sweet pastries are more than my eyes can handle.


However, that morning, being as tired as I was from my 12hrs bus ride, I decided that I would only get a much needed coffee to-go. The day was beautiful and very warm, and it just so happened they were having a special summer deal on iced coffee for $1.00 (no tax).


One thing I really appreciated was that they supplied a variety of  liquid sweeteners at the bar for the customer to add their own. No one knows the right amount of sweet except yourself and that definitely made my iced coffee taste even better! 


The service wasn't too bad! 
The staff were eager to get your orders in and were very quick to serve. They weren't as friendly as a homemade-like bake shop would normally be.. you know with the light chatting and talk about their products. In that aspect, they were very franchise-like and maybe a bit too cool. However, there's a fair amount of traffic which made me see that it was a frequented place, so I'm glad I choose this place. This location was nestled somewhere in the Wall Street area, quite busy!
.
.
.
.
.
Overall, I would come again for their iced coffee and.... next time a cupcake to please! 


No comments:

Post a Comment