9/05/2012

TIFF 2012 Begins.... Day 1

Being a TIFF volunteer is a great experience. And.... it's that time again when all my volunteer friends come out to work, assist and party (off shift, of course)! Eleven days non-stop until the very end of the Festival. Sleep is for Sept 17, AFTER the festival. =0)


First up, map out all the different (old & new) venues for TIFF 2012. Most north venue is Bloor Hot Docs Cinema @ Bloor/Bathurst. And the most south is Bell Lightbox & POW (Princess of Whales) on King St. West.


And before the Festival is the goodies... for volunteers! ;p
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And then the first day of single-ticket sales on Sunday September 2.




I decided to not go too crazy and allow myself to sleep-in before heading out to do the single-ticket purchases for the public. I arrived around 7:45am and the line had already wrapped around the building. When I got to the front of the line, just outside of Metro Hall awaiting to be led downstairs to the membership box office line, one of the Reps told me that the first person to line up did so on Saturday Sept 1 at 8:00am. They waited 24hrs in line for TICKETS! That's love/craziness/dedication... who knows... but it's what some people will do. 

Tonight's opening act is Looper, starring Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Mr. Bruce Willis. 

I am a big fan of Mr. Levitt and am hoping he'll be presenting his film at Elgin Theatre where I will be doing my first shift of the festival. 

Red carpet duty please?! =0)
.
.
.
.
.
Stay tuned for tomorrow's report on Looper's Premium Gala presentation.




No comments:

Post a Comment