9/10/2012

Food Review: Papaya King

Okay.... so it's not the famous Gray's Papaya but we were starving and already uptown in Upper East side and this was the closest we could get to a Gray's. So we went and tried it out.

Papaya King located in Upper East area, walking distance from the Metropolitan Museum


This very tiny but busy hot dog "restaurant" was very unique. Yellow was my first impression and then after ordering and getting all my sauces on my dog, I started looking around the restaurant to see its interesting decorum.


But first, let's have a look at the menu. Not being a big eater, my friend and I decided on combo #1 --> 2 dogs and a papaya juice for $4.69 + tax. As it says on the wall, their "tropical drinks are 100% natural". Sweet!


The dogs were no more special than anything I've ever had. But it filled our stomachs and we were happy! I do question about WHY these hot dogs restaurants (scattered everywhere around Manhattan) were so special. Do they make their dogs different in some way? 
.
.
.
.
.
.
Back to the decor, I think I finally clued in that it wasn't about the dogs, but more about their drink menu. Papaya juice! That's because it's written all over the walls about how Papaya is good for your health, which I don't disagree.




Overall, I really enjoyed the New York minute feel of this place. It was busy and the workers were New Yorkers (so... not nice but not rude also).

It's nice to know there's places like this on the upper east side to enjoy! =0)
.
.
.
.
I rate it 3.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment