9/19/2012

Hotel Review: Marriott NY Marquis


In the heart of Times Square, there is a hotel that makes TS your front doors.

Night time is a beautiful beautiful sight! (photo above)


Thanks to my super smart and super talented friend, we got an upgrade to the room. This is the entrance to our room (photo above).


This large building (very hidden from Broadway) has 45 stories and in the first couple floors are shared with a few Broadway plays and The View.

The elevators were different from anything I've ever used. To get to your floor, you punch in your floor number, and it'll tell you which elevator to go into.... kind of like pre-setting your own elevator straight to your floor. Of course, if it gets busy, it'll combine more peoples' floors to accommodate.

Also, another slightly confusing thing to note is where to find the concierge desk. Well, I'll tell you now, it's the 8th floor (not the first floor where there's just elevators and escalators).


 Our room: 10th floor


With an upgrade, we stayed in one of the larger rooms. =0)


A very nice sitting area (photo above)
A large queen (?) size bed (photo above)
A hallway to the bathroom
A spacious closest
A wide desk and comfy chair (photo below)


But.. my favorite thing about the room was the bench at the foot of our bed. I found it to be a very handy sit.


I found this Marriott hotel to be very great in location, service, comfort ability, cleanliness and style. There isn't a specific thing that I could pinpoint of disappointment. 

Of course, one of my favorite things about this Marriott was the location: to my west entrance, I am greeted with my very favorite store:


Just cross 2 lanes and you're there. Forever 21.  I got up a little earlier than my friend and did about an hour of shopping before I started my day! So convenient.

And to my south entrance, I am greeted with my favorite bakery:


Yes! Juniors' from Brooklyn (but located in Times Square)

Overall, I was very pleased with The Marriott New York Marquis in Times Square.
.
.
.
.
.
I rate my experience with a 4/5.
























No comments:

Post a Comment